|Seasoned jungle fighters effective in close combat, who also carry versatile ranged weapons. Squad leaders are always the last to die. Can detect infiltrated units.||Data version: 3.19.1|
The Catachan Devils are an Imperial Guard commando unit, a squad of veteran jungle fighters from the Death World of Catachan. They are the only Imperial Guard detector unit in addition to functioning as anti-melee, utility and soft anti-vehicle.
- The squad detects infiltrated units
- High ranged damage and extremely high melee damage
- Has two knockback abilities to counter both melee and set-up squads
- Has smoke grenades to defend against ranged fire
- Can be upgraded to plant remote-detonated bombs
- Can be upgraded to infiltrate when standing still
- Can be upgraded with a melta gun for some anti-vehicle damage
The squad has an unusual model roster, starting with 4 regular models and a special grenade launcher man who has 0 health and dies last, his damage distributed to the other models. Upgrades can add a special Demo Man model with an improved shotgun, and a Sarge model with a melta gun. These squad leaders will also distribute damage to other models and die last.
Army Level upgradesEdit
- Army Level 6: Enhanced Shotguns (epic shotgun model)