|Faction||Chaos Space Marines||Health||600||Buy||Reinf.||Upkeep|
|Lightly armed melee unit capable of detonating themselves to damage and suppress nearby enemies. May construct Shrines and use Worship to bolster nearby Chaos units.||Data version: 2.6.0|
Chaos Heretics (simply "tics" in online shorthand) are corrupted humans serving the ruinous powers of Chaos alongside Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons. A squad of Heretics serves as the Chaos starting unit in Dawn of War II multiplayer.
- Fragile unit with low health but decent damage in melee
- Doom Blast makes them a good melee counter
- Devastating against infantry with low-health models
- Can upgrade to grenade launchers to counter mass ranged infantry or suppression squads
- Shrines are situational but may be useful
- Worship is essential to most Chaos play
Effective use of Chaos Heretics and the Worship ability is central to the entire Chaos faction, which relies heavily on Tier 2 and especially the daemonic units (Bloodcrusher and Bloodletters) that gain extra benefits from Worship.
There are three versions of the Worship ability, determined on which Chaos hero you choose:
- Chaos Lord (Khorne): Increases the speed of nearby units
- Plague Champion (Nurgle): Increases the health regeneration of nearby units
- Chaos Sorcerer (Tzeentch): Infiltrates nearby units