|“||Wartrak is the first in the fight.||”|
— when a Wartrak is finished training
The Wartrak is a fast attack light Vehicle for the Orks/Dawn of War|Orks in Dawn of War. It is available at Da Mek Shop, costing 145 Requisition, 120 Power and 2 Vehicle Population slots. It is effective against Infantry by default but can be upgraded to be effective against Vehicles. Like all artificial constructs, it has no Morale.
- Light Vehicle.
- Fast attack unit.
- Can be upgraded with anti-vehicle weaponry or improved anti-infantry weaponry.
- Effective against infantry.
- 1000 Hit Points.
- Deals no melee damage.
- Deals 248-303 ranged damage.
- Turbo Boost: Puts the vehicle into turbo mode! Left-click to activate. Temporarily increases the vehicle's movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds. It requires 45 seconds to recharge.
- Twin Rokkit Launchas: Costs 35 Requisition and 30 Power and deals 207-253 ranged damage. Permanently replaces the standard Big Shoota with a long ranged fuel-propelled rocket that explodes on impact. It is more accurate than the standard Rokkit Launcha, having around 80% accuracy, making it effective against Vehicles and Buildings.
- Bomb Chucka: Costs 35 Requisition and 30 Power and deals 38-47 ranged damage. Permanently replaces the Twin Rokkit Launchas with a large pack of explosives tied together with wire and hurled at the enemy. It is medium to long ranged and is effective against Infantry. Functions like artillery.
The Wartrak is hard to classify. It functions similarly to the Space Marine Land Speeder but is more versatile due to the ability to deal bonus damage to both Vehicles and Buildings with subsequent upgrades. It's fast and both its weapons (rokkit launcha for anti-vehicle and bomb chukka for anti-infantry) disrupt your troops. If you have some anti-vehicle capacity then these are more of a nuisance than a real threat, as long as you don't leave a Vehicle or Building in a position vulnerable to bombardment.
- Wartrak is the first in the fight.
- Wartrak is the shootiest thing there is.
- Faster, faster! VROOM!!!
- Oh, we'll get there.
- Lets go!
- Yeah yeah, we're on our way.
- Boyz, just shoot them all!
- Ha ha ha-ha! Dakka Dakka Dakka!
- Big guns win the fight.
- Lets go!