|“||Oh hey boss.||”|
— when Slugga Boyz are finished training
Slugga Boyz are a basic infantry unit for the Orks in Dawn of War. They can be trained at Da Boyz Hut for 140 Requisition and 4 Ork Resources. Like all Ork units, each squad member takes up 1 population slot. Each squad always start out with 4 members by default but can be increased at a price of 35 Requisition and 1 Ork Resource.
- Basic close combat unit.
- Can be upgraded with weapons effective against most unit types.
- Effective against infantry and heavy infantry.
Slugga Boys have:
- 300 Morale
- Deals 28-34 melee damage
- Deals 25-31 ranged damage
- Have a maximum squad size of 15.
- Have a maximum weapon upgrade limit of 3.
With the exception of the Nob Leader upgrade, any upgrade can be researched at a maximum of 3 times under any combination.
- Nob Leader: Costs 75 Requisition and 25 Power. Provides a Heavy Infantry Leader Unit effective against other infantry at close combat and boosting squad morale. Can be upgraded with powerful close combat weapons from the Pile O Gunz!.
- Burnas: Costs 30 Requisition and 5 Power and deals 7-8 ranged damage. Upgrades one squad member to the Hand-held flamethrower heavy weapon. It is short ranged but is effective at breaking enemy morale.
- Big Shoota: Costs 40 Requisition and 30 Power and deals 94-115 ranged damage. Upgrades one squad member to the Big Shoota heavy weapon. Fires large caliber machine gun rounds at rapid speed effective against other Infantry. It is long ranged but it cannot be fired while moving and requires a short setup time of 2 seconds before firing.
- Rokkit Launcha: Costs 40 Requisition and 15 Power and deals 31-38 ranged damage. Upgrades one squad member to the Rokkit Launcha heavy weapon. Fires a long ranged, fuel-propelled rocket that explodes upon impact. It is effective against Vehicles and Buildings. Unit must be stationary to fire this weapon and cannot be fired while moving. Firing also requires a short setup time of 2 seconds. Like most explosives, they do little damage against enemy infantry.
Slugga Boyz are the Orks' basic infantry unit. As the name implies they are melee units. They are cheap and are capable of reinforcing numerous times (up to 15 per squad) and can be upgraded with flamers. Try not to get tied up with them and damage them at range. Any heavy weapons will do, but heavy bolters would be best against Slugga Boyz as they have light armor.
- Where's the fight'n?
- What do you want?
- Sod off.
- Green is best.
- We better be going to a fight.
- Here we go.
- Wake up boys! Its time for fight'n!
- Good point. We go!
- Moving out!
- If you say so.
- Orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks.
- Shoot! Smash! Chop! Stomp!
- Lets get em!
- Chew em up, and spit em out!
- Oh yeah? Now's the time to tear things up.
- We'll clobber em good.
- Time ta get stuck in boyz!
- Orks is made for fight'n!
When capturing Strategic Points and Critical LocationsEdit
- Fer Gork and Mork!
- We'll make it Orky.
- Lets get loot'n!
|Dawn of War|
|Infantry||Gretchin · Slugga Boy · Shoota Boy · TankBustaz · Stormboyz · Mad Dok|
|Vehicles||Wartrukk · Wartrak · Killa Kan · Looted Tank · Squiggoth|
|Special Units||Big Mek · Warboss|