|“||Rhino armored transport deployed.||”|
— when a Rhino is finished training.
|Introduced In||Dawn of War|
|Trained At||Machine Cult|
|Cost||75 70 0|
- Vehicle. Tank.
- Transport tank. No weaponry.
- Can transport infantry units (except Terminators and Assault Marines).
- Can be equipped with smoke launcher ability.
In addition to Stop and Move, Rhinos have the following abilities:
- Can transport two squads of infantry except Assault Marine Squads, Terminator Squads, and Assault Terminator Squads.
- Fires a smoke grenade at the targeted location. Units in the area around the smoke grenade receive a 50% defense boost against ranged attacks and ranged morale damage for 30 seconds. This effect can be stacked. This add-on requires Wargear: Smoke Launchers to be fully researched at the Machine Cult.
As an unarmed transport, its primary purpose is to hasten the movement speed of Infantry and Heavy Infantry which can be useful when capturing Strategic Points or Critical Locations. Additionally, it can nullify lots of anti-infantry fire and its Smoke Grenade ability can assist in the skirmish. However, before Dark Crusade, the Vehicle may not be as useful to some players since it costs Vehicle Population that would have otherwise been used for armed vehicles instead. In the Dark Crusade and Soulstorm expansions, its vehicle cap cost was removed and replaced with a limit of 3 on the battlefield, thus encouraging players to utilize the Vehicle more effectively than in previous game versions.
- Rhino ready.
- Rhino here!
- We carry the virtues.
- Going straight to the front lines.
- We deliver into battle.
- Take refuge within our armor.
|Space Marine Units|
|Dawn of War|
|Infantry||Servitor · Scout Marine · Apothecary|
|Heavy Infantry||Space Marine · Assault Marine · Terminator · Assault Terminator|
|Vehicles||Rhino · Land Speeder · Dreadnought · Hellfire Dreadnought · Whirlwind · Predator · Land Raider|
|Commanders||Librarian · Force Commander|