- "Predator deployed."
The Predator is a Main Battle Tank for the Space Marines in Dawn of War. It is available at the Machine Cult, costing 190 Requisition, 455 Power and 3 Vehicle Population slots. Like all artificial constructs, it has no Morale.
- Vehicle. Tank.
- Heavily armed and armored weapon platform.
- Can be upgraded to be effective against vehicles and buildings.
- Effective against infantry.
- 4820 Hit Points.
- Deals no melee damage.
- Deals 138-169 ranged damage.
- Twin-Linked Lascannon: Costs 90 Requisition and 230 Power and deals 225-275 ranged damage. Permanently replaces the standard Autocannon with a high powered laser weapon, devastating against armored units. It has higher damage and accuracy than standard Lascannon. It is long ranged and is effective against Vehicles and Buildings.
- Lascannon: Costs 45 Requisition and 115 Power and deals 83-101 ranged damage. Equips the Predator with a high powered laser weapon, devastating against armored units. It is long ranged and is effective against Vehicles and Buildings. This upgrade can be researched twice. Each Lascannon upgrade permanently replaces the default Heavy Bolter weapons on one side of the vehicle.
As a main battle tank of the Space Marines, this unit offers high durability with good offensive capabilities. As the game progresses, upgrade options such as improving weaponry to that of a lascannon for greater damage against other vehicles becomes available. The default configuration is autocannon turret and heavy bolter sponson which are mounted at the sides. All weapons can be upgraded to a lascannon which roughly deals doubled anti-vehicle damage but halves the anti-infantry damage. The basic choice is mixing the turret lascannon with the heavy bolters sponson. For additional armor penetration against Buildings and Vehicles, it is recommended to upgrade the heavy bolter sponsons to a lascannon.
- Predator at your command.
- Predator tank here!
- Moving out!
- The Machine Spirit is prepared.
- As you command.
- Approaching target.
- An easy objective.
- His will be done.
- We will destroy the enemy.
- We bring his will.
- Death has arrived.
|Space Marine Units|
|Dawn of War|
|Infantry||Servitor · Scout Marine · Apothecary|
|Heavy Infantry||Space Marine · Assault Marine · Terminator · Assault Terminator|
|Vehicles||Rhino · Land Speeder · Dreadnought · Hellfire Dreadnought · Whirlwind · Predator · Land Raider|
|Commanders||Librarian · Force Commander|