|“||My powers are yours to command.||”|
— when a Librarian is finished training.
- Commander unit (secondary).
- Boosts Morale recovery when attached to squads.
- Psychic unit with many powerful abilities focused on weakening enemy resolve.
- Effective against infantry, heavy infantry, and Daemons. Excels at close combat.
The Librarian has three special abilities. Some of his abilities also require research so some are unavailable in early campaign missions.
- Smite: Delivers a powerful psychic blast that damages most units and can disrupt infantry. Small area of effect. Best used on clumps of ranged infantry.
- Weaken Resolve: Demoralizes a target squad. Requires several moments to be effective. Use it whenever it's charged.
- Word of the Emperor: Nearby infantry units are protected by an incredible psychic shield and thus refuse to die as long as this lasts. They still receive damage, however they just stop at 1 health point. Arguably the librarians most useful ability.
The Librarian is a secondary commander that functions similarly to a "psyker" (i.e., has psychic abilities) of the Imperial Guard. Although the Librarian is tough enough to handle several Infantry squads on its own, its main purpose is to summon abilities that support the surrounding Infantry and Heavy Infantry squads that are engaging the enemy on the front line. The support Librarian provides a higher squad morale bonus than a Sergeant, though not as high as the Force Commander.
- I stand ready.
- Venerate the immortal Emperor.
- Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
- Fear not the psycher.
- There is no such thing as innocence, only a degrees of guilt.
- Knowledge is power, hide it well.
- An open mind is like fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
- My knowledge is at your disposal.
- Mind over matter.
- I can sense the enemy, they are close.
- Do I detect uncertainty in your purpose?
- Through discipline, we prevail.
- At your command.
- I shall never tire.
- Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation.
- At once.
- I serve.
- With courage and honor.
- I will destroy their minds and burn their bodies.
- None can stand before us.
- Feel my wrath.
When attaching to a squadEdit
- We shall stand shoulder to shoulder my brothers.
- Follow my orders.
- With me, brothers.
When leaving a squadEdit
- I leave you know.
- You are prepared, my brothers.