- "I have awoken."
The Hellfire Dreadnought is a lighter version of the Dreadnought, equipped with ranged weapons, for Space Marines in Dawn of War. It is available at the Machine Cult, costing 120 Requisition, 275 Power and 2 Vehicle Population slots. Like all artificial constructs, it has no Morale.
- Walker vehicle.
- Fire support.
- Dreadnought variant that foregoes close combat for more ranged weaponry.
- Can be upgraded with an additional anti-vehicle and building weapon.
- Effective against Vehicles and Buildings
Hellfire Dreadnoughts have:
- 2005 Hit Points.
- Deals no melee damage.
- Deals 155-189 ranged damage.
- Assault Cannon: Costs 30 Requisition and 70 Power. Equips the Hellfire Dreadnought with a high powered laser weapon, devastating against armored units. It has higher damage and accuracy than standard Lascannon. It is long ranged and is effective against Vehicles and Buildings.
Hellfire Dreadnoughts are essentially a ranged Dreadnought variant with no melee capacity. It is also less durable, making it less effective in direct confrontation against other melee units in heated battles. Although it has roughly half of the Health and damage output of the Dreadnought, it is slightly cheaper than the melee version. Most importantly, the advantage of the ranged Hellfire Dreadnought over their more melee counterpart is the ability to out range certain defensive structures such as the ones built by the Orks. It can also out range most Infantry and Heavy Infantry, having the same range as other heavy vehicles. Thus, Hellfire Dreadnoughts are more adept at taking out enemy fortifications and ranged units than the Dreadnought due to the ability to avoid concentrated enemy fire. Predator tanks also fulfill this role, but it costs more resources as well as population to deploy and is only available at the later stages of the game.
- Faith, is Eternal.
- Even in death I still serve.
- At last, back to war.
- I'am ready to serve, again.
- I'am the instrument of his will.
- It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself.
- Command me.
- I will crush those who stand before me.
- I will purge the unclean.
- Moving out.
- Take me to battle.
- I will be there soon.
- To me, my brothers.
- By his word.
- Die! Die! Die!
- Identifying targets.
- I have waited long for this day.
- Burn, heretic!
|Space Marine Units|
|Dawn of War|
|Infantry||Servitor · Scout Marine · Apothecary|
|Heavy Infantry||Space Marine · Assault Marine · Terminator · Assault Terminator|
|Vehicles||Rhino · Land Speeder · Dreadnought · Hellfire Dreadnought · Whirlwind · Predator · Land Raider|
|Commanders||Librarian · Force Commander|