|“||Gretchin is ready.||”|
— when a Gretchin is finished training
The Gretchin is the builder unit for the Orks in Dawn of War. Each squad costs 90 Requisition but takes up no Squad Population slot unlike other factions. Like most builder units, it is classified as Infantry.
- Builder unit.
- Constructs all Ork buildings.
- Has limited combat ability, but can be built in large numbers to act as a screen or distraction.
- Can be reinforced for free, but takes longer than normal.
- 150 Morale
- Deals 2-5 melee damage
- Deals 2-3 ranged damage
- Have a maximum squad size of 10.
Gretchins are the Ork builders. They have minimal fighting ability and as such, shouldn't be considered a threat to take seriously. However, in the beginning of some games, the computer may send these to attack you anyway. They build really fast, but not as fast as a Techpriest in the subsequent expansions however, and if you're destroying a camp with a small force it may seem like they repair the buildings faster than you can damage them, or build new ones instead. Gretchins can Infiltrate (and build/repair while infiltrated).
- I'm not doing anything.
- What now!?
- Please! No more kicking.
- What's it what's it!?
- Oh yes, you maya gonna domina!
- Which way?
- Hello? Who's there?
- Uuugh, all right.
- Sigh, We're going.
- What's happening? What's going on? Where are we going?
- Guns might be that way; lets go the other way.
- We'll go all sneaky like.
- Yes Yes, th-that's good.
- Ugh OK, all right.
- We're not going any place scary are we?
- On our way!
- Time to build stuff.
- We'll do it.
- Build it right up for you.
- We're gonna make it nice and strong.