- "I command in the name of the Emperor."
The Force Commander is the primary commander unit for Space Marines in Dawn of War. They are available at the Chapel-Barracks at a cost of 260 Requisition and 85 Power. Like most commander units, only one of them can be deployed into the battlefield at a time. Although it is a commander unit, it is classified as infantry.
- Commander unit (primary).
- Boosts Morale recovery when attached to squads.
- Ability upgrades provide attack and morale bonuses for troops.
- Can use Orbital Bombardment (requires Orbital Relay building).
- Effective against Infantry, Heavy Infantry, and Daemons. Excels at close combat.
Force Commanders have:
- 1500 Hit Points
- 700 Morale
- Deals 126-154 melee damage
- Deals 54-65 ranged damage
Force Commanders have two active special abilities that you should be using often:
- Battlecry: Temporary damage bonus for nearby units. Use when surrounded by own troops (that have targets).
- Orbital Bombardment: An airstrike from the orbit. May take down a building or a vehicle, infantry will be knocked off your screen (if still alive). Best when called on a big horde of infantry and light vehicles. Takes a while to set up; can be interrupted by attacks with knockdown.
The Force Commander is your main commander unit, available through every mission. He is an experienced veteran with superior combat skills. He has good ranged damage and great melee damage, and can be upgraded with better weapons and armor. Attached to a squad, he provides a big morale bonus (twice as much as a Sergeant).
In low-level fights, you can send the Force Commander in solo; his melee attack will disrupt infantry squads while your ranged units fire at range. In a tight spot he is capable of destroying light vehicles. If the enemy has many advanced units, you should be more careful and keep his health in check, possibly attach him to a squad. If you lose him, he will respawn around your Stronghold for free after a while in the campaign.
- While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath there can be no peace.
- What will you have me do?
- Walk softly, and carry a big gun.
- The Emperor protects.
- On alert brothers, the enemy must be nearby.
- Today the enemy shall know no fear.
- Beware the Alien, the Mutant, the Heretic.
- My faith is my shield.
- He who stands with Me shall be My brother.
- Praise the Emperor.
- For Terra!
- Follow my lead.
- For the glory of the Emperor.
- Faith and duty.
- I shall not fail.
- For the Emperor.
- We are united in His service.
- I serve mankind.
- For the honor of the Chapter.
- With courage and honor.
- Space Marines, advance!
- By my command. Attack!
- My aim shall not falter.
- Follow me into battle.
When attaching to a squadEdit
- Together to victory.
- Taking command.
- To me, brothers.
When leaving a squadEdit
- Duty calls me elsewhere.
- I'am needed elsewhere.
- My duty calls.
|Space Marine Units|
|Dawn of War|
|Infantry||Servitor · Scout Marine · Apothecary|
|Heavy Infantry||Space Marine · Assault Marine · Terminator · Assault Terminator|
|Vehicles||Rhino · Land Speeder · Dreadnought · Hellfire Dreadnought · Whirlwind · Predator · Land Raider|
|Commanders||Librarian · Force Commander|