- "I have awoken."
The Dreadnought is a heavy walker vehicle strongest in close combat for Space Marines in Dawn of War. It is available at the Machine Cult, costing 170 Requisition, 350 Power and 2 Vehicle Population slots. Like all artificial constructs, it has no Morale.
- Walker vehicle.
- Support/siege unit.
- Can be upgraded with anti-infantry or anti-vehicle ranged weaponry.
- Effective against most unit types, very effective against vehicles and buildings in close combat.
- 3880 Hit Points.
- Deals 324-396 melee damage.
- Deals 200-280 ranged damage.
Only one of the following can be upgraded:
- Assault Cannon: Costs 30 Requisition and 70 Power. Equips the Dreadnought with a six-barrelled, self-loading, solid slug autocannon. It is long ranged and is very effective against Infantry.
- Assault Cannon: Costs 30 Requisition and 70 Power. Equips the Dreadnought with a high powered laser weapon, devastating against armored units. It has higher damage and accuracy than standard Lascannon. It is long ranged and is effective against Vehicles and Buildings.
The Dreadnought is a war machine manned by a mortally wounded Space Marine veteran permanently implanted to the life support systems within its metal casing. It is heavily armored and comes with two multi-functional crusher arms by default. Although the ranged upgrade replaces with one of the crusher arms with a much longer ranged lascannon, it does not detract from the Dreadnought's melee capabilities. Instead, the upgrade allows it to adapt to be more effective against longer ranged infantry, vehicles and defensive buildings. Dreadnoughts are effective at soaking up anti-infantry fire and can be deep striked into enemy positions from an Orbital Relay Station.
- Faith, is Eternal.
- Even in death I still serve.
- At last, back to war.
- I'am ready to serve, again.
- I'am the instrument of his will.
- It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself.
- Command me.
- I will crush those who stand before me.
- I will purge the unclean.
- Moving out.
- Take me to battle.
- I will be there soon.
- To me, my brothers.
- By his word.
- Die! Die! Die!
- Identifying targets.
- I have waited long for this day.
- Burn, heretic!
|Space Marine Units|
|Dawn of War|
|Infantry||Servitor · Scout Marine · Apothecary|
|Heavy Infantry||Space Marine · Assault Marine · Terminator · Assault Terminator|
|Vehicles||Rhino · Land Speeder · Dreadnought · Hellfire Dreadnought · Whirlwind · Predator · Land Raider|
|Commanders||Librarian · Force Commander|