The Defiler is a heavy walker vehicle strongest in close combat for Chaos Space Marines in Dawn of War. It is available at the Machine Pit, costing 190 Requisition, 400 Power and 2 Vehicle Population slots. Like all artificial constructs, it has no Morale.
- Walker vehicle.
- Heavy Artillery. A daemonically possessed killing machine.
- Artillery can be fired at very long range, and does not require line of sight.
- Artillery is highly inaccurate, especially when firing blind.
- Effective against most unit types, with strong close combat abilities.
- 2700 Hit Points.
- Deals 301-368 melee damage.
- Deals 27-33 ranged damage.
Defilers are a daemon-possessed, four-legged walker vehicle featuring anti-infantry weaponry, a strong melee attack and an (inaccurate) battle cannon that will disrupt/demoralize infantry. It can also deal decent damage to vehicles and buildings - a "Jack of all trades" type unit that can be effective against all unit types but unlike the Dreadnought, the weapons cannot be upgraded. It's best to keep your distance and take it out with lascannon vehicles - a missile squad will do, but may get knocked around a bit before succeeding.