|“||"Predator here, the armored fist of Chaos!"||”|
— when a Chaos Predator is finished training
The Chaos Predator is a Main Battle Tank for the Chaos Space Marines in Dawn of War. It is available at the Machine Pit, costing 190 Requisition, 435 Power and 3 Vehicle Population slots. Like all artificial constructs, it has no Morale.
- Vehicle. Tank.
- Heavily armed and armored weapon platform.
- Can be upgraded to be effective against vehicles and buildings.
- Effective against infantry.
Chaos Predators have:
- 4635 Hit Points
- Deals no melee damage.
- Deals 131-160 ranged damage.
- Twin-Linked Lascannon: Costs 95 Requisition and 215 Power and deals 225-275 ranged damage. Permanently replaces the standard Autocannon with a high powered laser weapon, devastating against armored units. It has higher damage and accuracy than standard Lascannon. It is long ranged and is effective against Vehicles and Buildings.
- Lascannon: Costs 45 Requisition and 110 Power and deals 83-101 ranged damage. Equips the Predator with a high powered laser weapon, devastating against armored units. It is long ranged and is effective against Vehicles and Buildings. This upgrade can be researched twice. Each Lascannon upgrade permanently replaces the default Heavy Bolter weapons on one side of the vehicle.
The Chaos Predator serves as the Main Battle Bank for Chaos and is equivalent to the Space Marine Predator. The Vehicle starts out with anti-infantry weapons and can be later upgraded to lascannons with the Unholy Monastery add on researched. Pretty durable so it needs some focused anti-vehicle fire (or Dreadnoughts if you can get them close enough).
- All weapons primed and ready for battle.
- Prepare for battle!
- Just take us into the thick of it.
- Moving out!
- Nothing can stop us now!
- No weapons are effective against Chaos armor.
- We will crush the skulls under our iron tracks.
- There will be nothing left to bury!
- Pound them until they fall.
- Fire all guns!